Jana represents individuals and multi-generational families. She primarily focuses on tax planning, drafting complex wills and trusts, implementing wealth preservation strategies, and charitable giving. Jana emphasizes helping clients achieve their objectives by designing creative and functional solutions tailored to their specific goals—whether it involves business establishment or reorganization, or facilitating the administration of a trust or estate.Jana draws from a vast breadth of experience in her law practice. Prior to joining the firm, she managed a large horse ranch and cultivated successful real estate and insurance practices. Jana’s business-focused background allows her to understand her clients’ concerns and employ a practical approach to tax, estate, and business planning issues.
She holds an LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center with an academic concentration in Estate Planning. During her time at Georgetown, Jana served as an extern for the United States Department of Justice, Tax Division. While working on her J.D., Jana completed her Master’s degree in Personal Financial Planning, represented pro bono clients in tax controversy matters with the IRS, served as a Peer Financial Counselor, and clerked for the Honorable Robert L. Jones, United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas.
Jana was admitted to practice in Texas in 2017.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. in Taxation, 2018
- Estate Planning Concentration
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 2017
- Texas Tech Law Review, 2015-2017
- Texas Tech University, Master of Science in Personal Financial Planning, 2017
- University of North Texas, B.A., 2006
- Dallas Bar Association
- Probate, Trusts & EstatesTax
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and Taxation
- State Bar of Texas
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law
- Tax Section
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Financial Planning Association of Dallas/Fort Worth
- Helen Hodges Education Charitable Trust Graduate Scholarship
- Texas Tech School of Law Academic Merit Scholarship
- Kaplan CFP Outstanding Student Award
- Personal Financial Planning Graduate Recruitment Scholarship