Craig Simon is a partner in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice.
Craig is an accomplished trial lawyer who has served as lead counsel in complex, high-stakes business disputes in courts and arbitrations across the country. During his 30 years of practice, Craig has helped clients ranging from large public companies to successful entrepreneurs achieve significant victories on both sides of the docket.
Craig represents both plaintiffs and defendants in contract and business tort disputes, UCC litigation, trade secret and non-competition disputes, and construction and mining disputes, among others. Craig also has extensive experience in bankruptcy and insolvency litigation, including prosecuting and defending fraudulent transfer claims, vendor disputes, fiduciary duty claims and other issues that arise during and after bankruptcy cases. Craig’s master’s degree in accounting and prior experience as a CPA make him well suited for tackling the complex finance, accounting and valuation issues that are often critical in business litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Craig was a founding partner of a Dallas law firm with a national reputation. Before co-founding his prior firm, Craig spent more than a decade as a partner in the business litigation and bankruptcy/restructuring practices of a prominent international law firm.
Craig has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Bankruptcy Litigation, and Bankruptcy and Insolvency and Reorganization Law. He has been honored as a Top 100 Lawyer in Dallas/Ft. Worth and a Top 100 Lawyer in Texas by Thomson Reuters in Texas Super Lawyers. He has also been recognized in Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine and has an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Southern Methodist University , J.D., magna cum laude, 1992
- The University of Texas at Austin, M.P.A., 1983
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1982
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Foundation
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Texas, 1992
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-2023, Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Litigation-Bankruptcy, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Texas Super Lawyers, as listed in Texas Super Lawyers magazine and Texas Monthly, 2013-2022
- Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers, 2015, 2017-2020
- Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2014-2022
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Obtained $45 million settlement for Navajo-owned coal mining company in arbitration against public utilities alleging that utilities breached coal supply agreement by relying on force majeure clause as excuse for failing to pay for minimum coal quantities
- Represented senior creditors of iHeart Media in challenge to investment bankers in Chapter 11 case; obtained approximately $6 million reduction in fees
- Obtained $12 million arbitration award in favor of semiconductor manufacturer after two-week hearing on contract claims
- Obtained $8 million judgment after two-week trial on fraudulent transfer and contract claims against former CEO of medical practice roll-up company
- Obtained $3.8 million judgment following two-week construction arbitration
- Represented creditors' committee in Chapter 11 case where the debtors and the committee successfully resolved approximately $1.7 billion in intercompany claims with German parent company and hundreds of millions of dollars in third-party claims against the debtors
- Served as lead trial counsel to liquidating trusts that recovered a substantial settlement of fraudulent transfer and breach of contract litigation
- Represented German insolvency administrator in litigation in Bankruptcy Court in Dallas
- Obtained dismissal of putative WARN Act class action brought against private equity firm
- Represented equity committee in plan confirmation litigation that led to negotiated resolution where pre-bankruptcy stockholders retained majority of shares of reorganized entity
- Represented secured creditor in successful challenge to plan confirmation involving high-rise condominium building
- Member of trial team that represented coal mining company in obtaining damages for breach of contract arbitration with coal purchaser
- Successfully defended tier 1 automotive parts supplier in multi-week arbitration of dispute with component parts supplier
- Part of team that represented technology company in obtaining injunction against competitor to preclude misappropriation of trade secrets
- Obtained dismissal of fraud claims brought against client by purchaser under $100 million stock purchase agreement
- Represented unsecured creditor in pursuit and successful resolution of claims against customer in its U.S. and Japanese bankruptcy cases
- Member of litigation team for liquidating trustee in professional negligence litigation that resulted in $30 million settlement by Big 4 accounting firm