Ms. Gackle served as a Legal Intern for The Honorable Andrea Thompson of the 416th District Court in Plano, TX. She also served as a Legal Extern for the IRS Chief Counsel, Small Business/Self-Employed Division in Dallas, TX.
Ms. Gackle was admitted to practice in Texas in 2021.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 2021
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2020
- SMU Law Review, Annual Texas Survey Editor-in-Chief, 2019-2020
- Dean's List
- Member and Secretary, Tax Law Society (2017-2020)
- Tax Section Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Political Science, 2015
- American Bar Association
- Member, Section of Taxation
- State Bar of Texas
- Member, Tax Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Tax Law Section
- Texas, 2021
January Tax Decisions... [ read ]
This blog post summarizes a few noteworthy court decisions released in January 2022 that pertain to federal tax matters.
End-of-Year Change to the Employee Retention Credit Waiting to Snag Some Employers with Penalties... [ read ]
The IRS recently issued Notice 2021-65, offering guidance to employer-taxpayers after the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act ("Infrastructure Act") ended the employee retention credit for wages paid by most employers during the fourth quarter of 2021. The Notice also describes circumstances where certain employers may have to repay advance payments of the employee retention credit or be subject to penalties.