Mr. Pulman’s practice concentrates on tax planning, real estate, and corporate. Mr. Pulman is Board Certified in Tax Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and he is a Certified Public Accountant.
His tax planning practice includes federal, state, and international tax planning for businesses and individuals seeking to minimize tax obligations while accomplishing objectives. His real estate practice includes representing clients in the purchase and disposition of improved and unimproved property, development of property, structuring ownership entities, tax-free and like-kind exchanges, and negotiation of all types of loans. Mr. Pulman’s corporate practice involves representing clients in the acquisition and disposition of businesses, mergers, and business entity planning including partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations.
Mr. Pulman frequently speaks on a number of tax topics. He is active in numerous charitable, political, and civic organizations.
Mr. Pulman was admitted to practice in Texas in 1976.
- New York University, LL.M. in Taxation, 1977
- University of Houston, J.D., magna cum laude, 1976
- Staff Editor, University of Houston Law Review
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S., cum laude, 1971
- Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas and Texas Bar Foundations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Dallas CPA Society
- Plano City Council, 1984-1990
- Texas Super Lawyers-Tax as listed in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine and Texas Monthly, 2003 and 2005-2018; Super Lawyers Business Edition 2014
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2017-2018
- "Foreclosure of IRS Lien on 'Mixed' Property," State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section Report, (Spring) Volume 2019-2.
- "New IRS Tax Audit Rules and Divorce Agreements", Dallas Bar Association Headnotes: Family Law, September 2018
- “The New and Evolving Texas Margin Tax, Part I”, Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management Journal, Vol. 26, No. 2, Summer 2007, Institute of Petroleum Accounting, University of North Texas
- “Texas Margin Tax, Part II”, Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management Journal, Vol. 26, No. 3, Fall/Winter 2007, Institute of Petroleum Accounting, University of North Texas