Cari B. LaSalaAssociate
Ms. LaSala is an associate with the firm with a practice focused in Commercial Litigation, and White Collar and Government Regulatory Litigation. Ms. LaSala has expertise representing clients in state and federal courts in Texas and across the country. She has defended both small business and corporate clients from allegations of fraud, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duties and has counseled clients in connection with internal investigations both prior to and during disputes alleging wrongdoing. She represents individuals, closely-held businesses, and large corporations in pre-suit strategy and negotiations, litigation, and appeals as well as in business disputes, employment disputes, and lawsuits involving fraud, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, deceptive trade practices act violations, non-compete violations, trade secret or intellectual property theft, business torts, and other commercial disputes. Ms. LaSala’s practice also focuses on resolving white collar crime cases, including securities, tax and bank fraud.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. LaSala was an associate attorney with a Texas business litigation and product liability firm. In 2013, she was a Law Clerk for The Honorable Martin Hoffman, 68th District Court in Dallas, TX. She served as an Intern in 2012 for The Honorable Lynn N. Hughes, U.S. District Court in Houston, TX.
Ms. LaSala was admitted to practice in Texas in 2013.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., cum laude, May 2013
- Business Law Review
- Graduate Fellowship
- Cali Award for Excellence in Trademark Law
- University of Texas, McCombs School of Business, B.B.A., Management & Consulting, with honors, 2009
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Texas Rising Stars, as published in Texas Monthly and in Texas Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition and on the web at superlawyers.com, 2020-2021