The following is a brief description of some of the cases the firm has successfully handled in the White Collar Crime area. In addition to the charges below, many of these matters also involved conspiracy, mail fraud, wire fraud and false statement charges.
Medicare & Insurance Fraud
- Negotiated pre-trial diversion for a doctor indicted in multiple felonies alleging Medicare fraud of millions of dollars. All charges were dismissed.
- Negotiated the dismissal of indictment against business owner indicted for fraud. No further charges or civil implications.
- Negotiated non-prosecution of a physician accused of millions of dollars of Medicare and Insurance fraud.
- Negotiated civil settlement for a hospice raided by federal agents and accused of defrauding the government of millions of dollars in a Medicare fraud investigation.
- Negotiated misdemeanor plea for corporation in a state criminal environmental case.
- Obtained acquittal at trial for lead defendant in a multi-count environmental fraud case.
- Negotiated probation sentence for corporate officer indicted in a multi-count environment fraud case.
- Negotiated non-prosecution of doctor in tax fraud investigation involving hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Negotiated non-prosecution for business owner involved in tax fraud investigation involving over $1 million.
- Negotiated non-prosecution for tax return preparer investigated for tax fraud related to allegedly fraudulent deductions for multiple clients.
- Negotiated no-time plea agreement for small business owner involving millions of dollars of unreported income.
- Negotiated non-prosecution for taxpayers investigated for fraudulent refund claims.
- Negotiated no-time plea agreement for attorney accused of failure to file tax returns for multiple years.
- Negotiated plea to an infraction for a client indicted in a multi-count indictment alleging numerous securities fraud violations.
- Negotiated plea to an infraction for a client indicted in a multi-count indictment alleging numerous securities fraud violations and millions of dollars. Subsequently, the infraction was withdrawn and all charges were dismissed.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement for monies owed pursuant to a restitution order in a bank fraud matter in which the defendant pled guilty to multiple felony counts.
- Negotiated non-prosecution for a business owner accused of fraud relating to the purchase of a business, and mortgage and lending documents.
- Court entered a Judgment N.O.V. in favor of all defendants following a one month trial involving allegations of bank fraud and mail fraud.
- Obtained acquittal on 18 counts and mistrial on remaining 7 counts in an Indictment alleging conspiracy, bank fraud, wire fraud and mail fraud counts. The government elected not to retry the case.
- Obtained acquittal for an attorney in a multi-count bank fraud/mail fraud/tax fraud conspiracy case.
- Voluntary Disclosures - Successfully represented numerous clients making voluntary disclosures to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Victim Representation - Represented victim of embezzlement and assisted the government in obtaining a lengthy prison term for the perpetrator.
- Congressional Committee Investigation - Represented client in a congressional committee investigation and testimony before United States Congress.
- Obtained acquittals on all charges for the only defendant acquitted following a jury trial alleging ERISA fraud.