Mike specializes in representing entities and individuals in complex litigation, including government investigations. He represents both domestic and international clients and has provided counsel in a wide variety of controversies including government contracts, securities, health care, tax, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and many types of complex commercial litigation. He has substantial expertise in representing clients in the defense of false claims actions and assisting companies in developing ethics and compliance programs. He also counsels clients in connection with internal investigations both prior to and during official government inquiries.
Mike won one of the Top Texas Verdicts of 2010 as published in Verdict Search's Top Texas Verdicts of 2010 on May 23, 2010 in the case National Health Administrators, Inc. vs. Life Investors Insurance Company of America. The case ranked number 4 in Contract Cases in Verdict Search's Top Texas Verdicts of 2010.
Mike is a speaker and author regarding litigation matters, including the defense of government investigations and false claims actions. Mike was admitted to practice in Texas in 1985.
- University of Nebraska School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1982
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Nebraska Law Review
- University of Nebraska, B.S., with distinction, 1979
- American Bar Association
- Member, White Collar Crime, and Criminal Justice subcommittees
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association
- National Health Lawyers Association
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in White Collar Criminal Defense Law by ALM as published in The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel & The National Law Journal, October 2013
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2011, White Collar Defense
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly and Law and Politics Magazine, 2004 and 2005